Tuesday 12 April 2011

Out and about - My Open Mic experience

Yesterday I went to a music event called 'Wired'. It happens once a month and is basically an evening of showcasing upcoming talent.
I often go but hadn't been in a while and thought that yesterday was the right time to start again! Me deciding to go was very spontaneous, one minute I was helping my Mum prepare dinner, the next I was on a train!

I got to see some talented acts and the general vibe and atmosphere there is amazing.


This evening I headed out to an Open Mic night in Brixton. I wasn't planning on performing tonight, I just wanted to get a feel for the crowd and the event as this was a venue that I'd consider performing at in the next few weeks.

I dragged my Mother along to enjoy the music, spoken word and comedy event which turnt out to be a really cool place. Everybody was friendly and plesant and overall we had a nice evening.
Me and Mum...

During the 10 minute break, my Mum decided to go and speak to the host and sign me up. I was totally put on the spot but after 10mins of deliberating I decided to go up.

I had no guitarist or music with me so had to sing acapella which was a bit eeeky but I got a got reception after I sung.

I just watched through the videos and I think I look really tense lol but hey there's a first time for everything and when I sing there next month with my guitarist Ben, I'll hopefully be more relaxed :)




My mum is awful with technology so she cut the video halfway through and for some reason the second half wont upload :( but I'll try and get it on you tube tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy... xx

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely loved it... i know you must've been sooooo nervous just getting up there like that but this will build your confidence... keep it up, you did very well!!!

    ReplyDelete