Tuesday 17 May 2011

'Sketch' Baby!

I'm still feeling great after doing a performance at Sketch yesterday evening.

A friend of mine decided to put together an event that incorporates both Music and Fashion.

Yesterday was the first VMF- Voice.Meets.Fashion event and I was uber excited to be apart of it.

Sketch is a really plush venue, with plenty of interesting themes throughout. I'd been there on a few occasions and was aware of the type of crowds they pull in so I was looking forward to see how the evening would turn out....

Yesterday was performance night and on top of having a busy work day, I had to rush home, spruce and prepare!

I had a lot of support from friends and family and I really appreciated everyone that come to watch me sing.

I sung 2 of my own songs and a cover of Beyonce's- Halo and was very pleased with the response from the audience. :)

I managed to get my brother to film this performance so I will get that video uploaded on here as soon as possible!

I'm going to continue to look for venues and events to perform at as I need to get some more experience. It really does feel awesome being up on the stage, holding the mic and singing the song in which I took time out to write...it feels even better when they're appreciated....

1 comment: